We are now recruiting an Accountant to join the Finance team at our Head Office in Stockholm.
Founded by celebrated Swedish fashion designer Filippa Knutsson in 1993, Filippa K has grown internationally to become a household name synonymous with Scandinavian style. Timeless silhouettes are re-interpreted within the context of modern life, with expert craftsmanship and attention to detail resulting in ready-to-wear collections for women and men. The Stockholm-based fashion house has begun an exciting new chapter with the appointment of Liisa Kessler as Creative Director alongside a range of new international talents across the company. With stores in key European cities such as Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Berlin, an ecommerce presence in over 70 markets, and over 200 employees across Europe, Filippa K continues its journey of global expansion guided by a mission of mindful consumption.
As an accountant:
You will be working as part of the accounting team, which consists of an Accounting Manager, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Cash Accounting functions, as well as Senior Accountants responsible for country specific accounting. As responsible for Cash Accounting, you will be working closely with retail management and retail operations, both store-based retail as well as online sales, in order to ensure efficient cooperation. As part of the Accounting team, you will be reporting to the Accounting Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Take charge of:
- The cash accounting for our retail activities in all our companies
- The general accounting of two of the Group’s companies.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings for these two companies, ensuring timely closing and keeping deadlines according to the set time table
- Support & coordinate any other daily accounting activities involving inventory and cash accounting, fixed assets, depreciation etc.
- Assist in preparing and completing annual reports
- Identify process inefficiencies and propose corrective actions
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the finance team and other departments
A description of you:
You are motivated and a self-starter. We believe that you are very organized and able to manage your time and priorities while working with multiple stakeholders. Since Filippa K is a company set for international expansion we expect that you are able to adapt and respond to change. We think you have strong self-leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as strategic and analytical thinking. A nice-to-have is also an interest in IT systems.
The experience you’ll bring to the role is:
- Degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Preferably 3-4 years of prior work experience in the field
- Comfortable with communicating in English and Swedish (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience in M3 is preferred
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in joining our team, please click below to apply. Please note that we are only able to handle applications through our website on an ongoing basis. Your application will be saved in our database, and we will contact you if we have any openings that suit your profile.
For more information about the position please contact:
All are welcome to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Filippa K makes decisions based on merit. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, gender identity or expression, orientation, religion, cultural background, nationality, marital status, or disability. Diversity is central to our way of doing business and is an asset at all levels of the organisation. We believe in a culture of shared values where every employee is empowered to take responsibility and initiative in order to improve our customer satisfaction and sustainable profits.